The Vice President of Marketing, a newly created position, will be responsible for the combined direct consumer marketing areas of Global Payment Systems (GPS) global web, eMoney Transfer, prepaid card, consumer database and consumer loyalty program management. In addition, the VP, Direct Marketing will oversee the strategy and application management of consumer and agent point-of-sale platforms.
The Vice President of Marketing leads the global e-commerce and direct marketing efforts to transform the business through overall strategy and development of new business efforts including creating customer value propositions and communication, developing key capabilities and technology, and developing effective business models and economics. Leads investment tracking, prioritization and decisions for direct marketing and e-commerce marketing efforts across the business. Sets key policies and guidelines for customer integration and communication and leads efforts to establish and maintain company guidelines and policies related to consumer privacy and security practices as they related to consumer marketing and transaction processing. Provides strategic direction, coaching and training to subordinates in the respected areas.
Key Accountabilities of the Vice President of Marketing:
- Consumer Database and Loyalty: Spearheads strategy and management of direct marketing initiatives including management of global consumer database, database development efforts, consumer loyalty programs, and direct marketing initiatives to consumers. Designs the new loyalty program based on analytics and market research results of global beachhead target consumers. Manages the database partner company relationship.
- Web and eMoney Transfer: Oversees the web product management and eMoney Transfer marketing team responsible for planning and developing marketing strategies and objectives to promote product lines dedicated to the organizations web site, including conducting market research studies as part of product design, gathering user requirements and developing ease of use in product design. Provides product strategy information to development team for web product developments and enhancements.
Web marketing responsibilities include developing and implementing the organizations web strategies and internet media for promoting products and services through strategic marketing on the web, in addition to overseeing the creation and implementation of the web marketing plan and managing the domain names. Works closely with design and content management teams to ensure site meets marketing objectives, and monitors site access patterns to adjust strategies and plans.
- Prepaid Card Direct Consumer Marketing: Oversees the prepaid card direct-to-consumer marketing initiatives including management of prepaid card consumer database, database development efforts, loyalty programs and direct marketing initiatives to consumers. Works closely with Prepaid Card Product Management team and MGI account marketing team to synergize prepaid card product position and creative strategies.
- POS Applications: Oversees the product management of the point-of-sale platforms for agents and consumers accessing the payment products including the definition, development and roll-out of new product features and functionality across the business. Manages primary and secondary competitive research to predict future technology trends to deliver existing and new products. Champions the Integrated Product Development Methodology for defining requirements of the technology platforms including web and browsers, terminals, PC-based platforms and integration APIs with agent and retail software and hardware platforms.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Education: BS/BA degree (Required) MBA (Preferred).
- The Vice President of Marketing should have 15 years of related, increasingly responsible experience within marketing roles. Minimum 7 years experience managing direct reports including individual contributors and mid-level managers.
- Previous experience with consumer database, loyalty programs and web marketing, required.
- Financial Acumen- Understands and monitors the financial performance of the business unit through budgets, forecasts and other key financial indicators. Must be able to identify and evaluate alternatives for achieving financial targets.
- Strategic Thinker- Understands client’s vision, goals and strategies and the ability to conceive new opportunities; proactively identify initiatives that will capitalize on the client’s strengths and market opportunities and/or counter competitive threats; a global perspective; ability to discern the impact of critical decisions.
- Analytical Skills- Has the ability to gather and synthesize critical information; perform focused and systematic analysis; diagnose root cause; detect flaws in reasoning.
- Leadership- Principled leadership, personal courage and decisiveness; willingness to endure challenges, take risks and live the Corporate Values despite discomfort; achieve results while generating high morale among employees; create and communicate a vision that is aligned with overall strategy and direction; influence others, with or without authority, and address tough issues promptly and courageously; foster collaboration.
- Communication- Speaks with clarity and conviction in a variety of internal and external settings; prepares clear and concise written communication; listens to employees, peers, consumers and agents; builds internal and external relationships and leverages network.
- Planning and Execution- Translates vision and goals into realistic long- and short-range plans; adapts plans to changes and unanticipated problems; drives execution; manages and improves processes to get work done more efficiently and effectively in order to stay competitive in the marketplace.
- Ability to travel up to 35%, domestic and international.
- B.A. in related field and 15+ years experience in a Direct Marketing company (M.B.A. a plus)