Digital Marketing Director
Summary- Digital Marketing Director
The Digital Marketing Director is responsible for managing all company-wide digital marketing initiatives. This includes development of websites as well as merchandising, testing and optimization, and consistently exploring opportunities to increase conversion. With guidance from manager, develops and executes web strategies for optimizing conversion funnel performance. Manage relationships with multiple external vendors, including our online media agency.
Key Responsibilities of the Digital Marketing Director:
- Responsible for creating a blueprint of the company’s digital strategy for all Nautilus Inc brands. Collaborate with Media agency, retail partners and other Leadership team members to build upon the strategic rationale for integrated digital campaigns.
- Development and maintenance of at least 6 enterprise websites including website content.
- Maximize website conversion by optimizing conversion funnel performance. Direct the website development process to ensure efficient and effective websites optimized for organic SEO, usability, and lead generation. Leverage product reviews and other tools to maximize site performance. Develop test plan to implement ongoing website improvements.
- Manage web analytics reporting, including suggesting key performance indicators to be tracked. Collaborate with analyst to monitor and change report as needed. Regularly report on metrics.
- Research and propose digital marketing programs based on trends to help drive the overall business, including both retail and direct channels. Explore the potential next big ideas and inspire cross functional teams with bigger digital ideas.
- Manage relationships with external partners, including mobile vendor, product reviews vendor, Adobe (web analytics’, Scene 7, test and target), and potentially new partners.
- Manage relationship with media partner to oversee online advertising, including Search, Display, Video advertising and new programs. This also requires working with web designer to develop creative assets and critiquing Creative.
- Work with VP of Marketing and Design team to maintain brand standards while creating websites, mobile web applications, social media programs and email programs.
- Create web testing post-mortems, collaborating with internal web analyst and members of web technical team and present to cross functional group.
- Manage the ongoing development of the mobile channel to move to ecommerce, SMS messaging, QR codes, and other projects to leverage this emerging market.
- Manage the Social Media team, setting the direction for the overall group, with set deliverables to maximize overall brand(s) deliverables.
- Manage web designer and other resources as defined.
- Responsible for budget planning, budget tracking and ROI.
- Collaborate with all internal business partners.
The Digital Marketing Director is responsible for building teams/relationships both in the department and cross-functionally. Also responsible for directing and coordinating the efforts of other professionals working on projects including outside agencies. Has direct responsibility for one or more other marketing associates.
To perform this job successfully, the Digital Marketing Director must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Excellent analytical skills with creative/entrepreneurial tendencies and an ability to accept wide responsibilities easily with minimal direct supervision are essential to be successful in the position. Proven track record of turning data into successful strategic and tactical marketing plans.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills with a proven track record of leadership across departments and functions with proven business results. Strong written and verbal communication skills a must.
- Knowledge of overall digital marketing trends including mobile marketing, social media and mobile advertising are important. Must understand consumer trends/insights and translate these insights into successful marketing programs with a high degree of creativity to find new, compelling ways to communicate with our consumers.
- Ability to judge effective online creative execution.
- Prior experience managing cross functional work teams as well as experience managing vendor/agency relationships.
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors degree or higher in marketing, communications or business administration.
- At least five years prior digital marketing experience is essential for this position.
- Social media, SEO, paid search, mobile marketing, and email marketing skills are required.
A proud member of many regional and national multichannel marketing associations, the Minnesota Association of Personnel Services, Database Marketing Institute and Advisory Board of Data University.